2010-08-02

Time management issues



It´s just beginning of August, but can you still remember how it felt on 1st of January? Can you recall the feeling you opened a new page of a new calendar and it was completely empty? All pages still crisp and white with no "be there at three! " or "remember the library books!" or some other scribbles that are very meaningful at the time. That is how I feel right now.

I have turned a new page of my calendar (quite literally as August just started but mentally too) and I am both excited and stunned. I have all these days every week and hours each day to use as I feel best? There´s no need to be anywhere at specific time? I can plan and decide how and when and where to work? I have so much time it feels almost overwhelming.



I have ALL these hours to fill up with meaningful, productive, profitable and creative things? How do I know when to start and when to stop? How long does it take to learn to know the difference between too much and too little? How on earth am I able to pull this off?

So many questions - answers yet to be found. I love this adventure!

***

Thank you all for your beautiful, supportive and enthusiastic comments on my post yesterday! They made my day and made me feel special. So I made my first August scribbling to all of you:



check.

5 comments:

Jane said...

What a wonderful new start for you Mia, I am sure those pages will be full of creative adventures for you.
Sending you sunshine from England, although I think you have had plenty this year :0)
Have a great day,
Love Jane x

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Just you wait and see how quickly thoses pages fill up with orders for your beautiful things and lots of creative things for you to do!!!
Vivienne x

Mia said...

Oh Jane and Vivienne,

Thank you so much both of you! Your comments always make me smile and happy :)

I already have some orders waiting ;) so I am getting there!

Thank you for the sunshine, it´s been cloudy today so we could use some for evening!

Happy Tuesday!

Pam said...

If you find the answers to those questions of too much etc then please let the rest of us know. I'm still in the dark - literally sometimes as I sit there sewing into the small hours preparing stock for a market.
You do get across that sense of excitement Mia! Very infectious.
P xx

Mia said...

Dear Pam,

I know just what you mean - sometimes it's just hard stop (and when you LOVE what you do, it's even harder) and get enough rest.

I am so happy if it shows that I am so excited- I really am :) and happy to have you here with me!

Sunshine!

Yours,
Mia

This time of the year...

Usually around this time, when children go back to school, and you can just about to smell the autumn, I start to dig deeper in my fabric...