2012-12-04

December 4th

Sometimes saying a public thank you gets postponed for one reason or an another. This time it's not entirely my fault but I blame Mr. Postman too. He usually works perfectly well, and my parcels have traveled all over the world with speed of light very reliably. What on earth am I blabbering about here, you may wonder? About this handmade beauty:
I received that from wonderful Kerry last Christmas this January. The little parcel took its time to arrive, and even it made my gray and dark January day, it just didn't feel right to blog about it there and then when everyone was all about spring already. So I let Kerry know how much I loved my candy-cone pot holder (which is way too beautiful to use by the way), and made a mental note to blog about it next December. And here we are now and here it comes: THANK YOU SO MUCH, KERRY!
You can find a PDF for "Candy cane love" in Kerry's shop here, and please take a look at her award-winning tree-pillow tutorial (which I bragged to show you last December already and will get finished this month, hopefully, it'll be the most beautiful addition to my snowmen-collection) too, you'll love it!

Happy December 4th - we'll see here tomorrow again!

Yours,
Mia

14 comments:

verykerryberry said...

How lovely to see it again! I have my snowmen mat in use here and I wore my Foxy bag to go to a carol service last night! Happy preparation time Mia xxx

Teje Karjalainen said...

That's so beautiful, Mia! You had it right that now is perfect time to show this and give us inspiration and Christmas feeling! I have been thinking generally that we should share more now things from last Christmas because many of them are secrets and after Christmas we like to start to show other than Christmas sewings. Kerry is so talented - I'll go to seen tree. x Teje

Jane said...

What a wonderful pot holder Kerry made you Mia, I love the stitching on it, very clever. It is very appropriate to show it now, well remembered. Happy 4th December ;0)
Jane x

mynestofyarnandbuttons said...

Happy 4th of December Mia! Love the pot holder. Yes, it is too pretty to use, but you might as well! I always hold on to things,and then ask myself why not enjoy it!
See you tomorrow, xoRobin❤

Helen Philipps said...

The pot holder Kerry made you is really lovely, Mia! I love those colours! You were right to save it and show it now...perfect timing!
Have a happy crafty week.
Helen x

Anonymous said...

Kerry's pot holder is beautiful and absolutely too nice to use!!
Just the right time to share it with us all too. :)
Vivienne x

Mia said...

Thank YOU, Kerry, for sending this beauty to me! It'll be the first thing for be put up from my holiday-decor, and it will last for years as I just can't use (just for eye-candy!!), it's so pretty!

I wish you a lovely December!

Yours,
Mia

Mia said...

What a great idea, Teje! I always think that this and this (like table settings,flowers, gifts, cards) I will show later on, but in January it just feels like the time has gone. I love the idea, really, and will for now on show more pics from previous year, they're "new" to all others anyway!

Happy day, dear friend!

Yours,
Mia

Mia said...

Hello Jane,

I love it! And it was the first thing in my mind when I decided to start my December-blog!

Happy week!

Yours,
Mia

Mia said...

You got the point, Robin, very good point! It's same here, and I have little by little stated to let go, I use my stashes and all as why keep if you can share?

Have a lovely day!

Yours,
Mia

Mia said...

I thought you might like the colors, Helen :) as you use red&white&blue so beautifully in your crafts! It's beautiful combination (and so is the potholder!)!

Happy day!

Yours,
Mia

Mia said...

Hello Vivienne,

I am using it as a Holiday decor in my kitchen, just to admire :)

I wish you a lovely day!

Yours,
Mia

Anne said...

This is so pretty. I'm happy we could see Kerry's handiwork this Christmas.

The blue color goes well with the red/white.

Thanks, Mia for sharing this pretty present.

Happy Counting,
Anne
PC22

Mia said...

Hello dear Anne,

I have kept this little candy vane-love in my mind for whole year, and now it was the perfect time for it!

I wish you the loveliest week!

Yours,
Mia

This time of the year...

Usually around this time, when children go back to school, and you can just about to smell the autumn, I start to dig deeper in my fabric...