2014-11-26

Dark times

The title would suggest, that life around here is somehow not that great, but no, all is good*. Except it is dark. All the time. 24/7. No sun anywhere, at all. Makes getting out of the bed morning hard but picture taking even harder.


I wanted to show (and also put them into my shop) some new Christmas-wreaths I made, but once I got the images of the first one (not great, but pictures at least), I went inside to make some last touches to the others and...


...I came out again and without a flash you simply could not get one decent picture! Truth to be told my next thoughts would look close to *%&#**#¤**, but lets just say that I was somewhat annoyed. I seriously wish it is more prettier and brighter at yours!


To beat the darkness around here I bought the biggest star I could find (it is approx. 75cm/29.5inches from one point to an another), and I must say it helps. A little.

Wishing you a good day, I will be back when I have some lighter&brighter stories to tell!

Yours,
Mia

*I am also blogging via my hb's laptop as mine is not feeling well. I am all good about that now, but on Monday it wasn't fun at all. Let's just hope that it can be fixed or Santa's stockings will be significantly less full this year if I need to get a new one. So positive thoughts, please! Thank you!

17 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Well we have some sun today and I'm happy to share it with you Mia!
It is a nightmare getting photos at this time of year though and I do recognise your expression, funny how it's the same in all languages!! ;)
Beautiful wreaths as always and I love your star!
Happy Wednesday,
V & Agnes xxxxxx

Teje Karjalainen said...

Dear Mia, lets hope that you find NEW computer from your sock! I wish I could fill a packet with sunlight and send to you, but I guess you need to do the best with the light star and lots of candles. Hugs! x Teje

mustakissa said...

Oi, tuollaisen kranssin kun laittaa oveen, niin jo saa pimeys kyytiä!

Anonymous said...

Love the wreaths ...and the giant star too :)

Gillian said...

It's so annoying when your computer doesn't work. Mine is getting old and I think it will soon have to be replaced.

Mia said...

Hello Vivienne,

Thank you for the sun-sent (even it has not yet gotten here but...), and I am so happy to hear that others know that great international *ahem* expression :)

Have wonderful last days of November!

Yours,
Mia

Mia said...

Hello Teje,

It seems that the old one works again good, and I am all happy (no extra money for a new laptop just before Christmas!), and I wish it will work for long time now!

I wish I could visit you, we are in desperate need for sunshine here!

Yours,
Mia

Jane said...

Hi dear Mia. I hope that your sweet star brings you some light during these dark days. Your wreaths are so cute they make us all smile. It's been a little bit sunny here today, sending some your way xx

Mia said...

Heipsan Mustakissa,

Justiinsa näin, kaikki keinot käyttöön :)

Mukavia viimeisiä marraskuun-päiviä sinulle!

Terkuin Mia

Mia said...

Hello Mel,

Thank you! And the star is really gigantic ;) but extreme darkness requires extreme...

Happy weekend!

Yours,
Mia

Mia said...

Hello Gillian,

I KNOW! It is the worst! I am hoping to get my laptop back during the weekend, it should be fine now...fingers crossed!

Happy last days of November!

Yours,
Mia

Mia said...

Hello Jane,

Thank you, I am really hoping your sunshine gets here today (we will not have any of our own today), it would really brighten this Friday!

Happy weekend, happy crafting!

Yours,
Mia

Helen Philipps said...

Love your gorgeous wreaths and pretty star, Mia! Hope you can sort out your computer soon. Wishing you some sunny days!
Helen xox

Mia said...

Hello Helen,

Thank you! I am hoping to get my laptop back this weekend, for good hopefully!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Yours,
Mia

Unknown said...

Hoping some sunlight appears and your computer starts working better.
First mine and now yours.
Good luck with your sale!!
Happiest late November, Mia!!!

Anne D.T. and all

Mia said...

Hello Anne,
Luckily my pc got better (some parts needed to be replaced etc. but not ALL Santa-money was used), and I can keep blogging and commenting.

Have a wonderful December, dear friend!

Yours,
Mia

Beth of The Linen Cat said...

Oh it's dark and dingy around here dear Mia, probably not as dark as with you but tricky to get good photos. Your wreathes still look lovely, though, so you don't need to worry! Nice to see your happy, twinkling star as well :)

Bethx

This time of the year...

Usually around this time, when children go back to school, and you can just about to smell the autumn, I start to dig deeper in my fabric...