2017-08-22

This time of the year...

Usually around this time, when children go back to school, and you can just about to smell the autumn, I start to dig deeper in my fabric stash, and get out darker shades and more wool-ish stuff. Back to school-time usually inspires for pencil cases and other study sort of makes, but this August our weather has been so lovely (best weeks of whole summer), that I just opted for quick makes (so I could get out and about quicker), and made a little batch of bookmarks and keyrings. But a hint of autumn there too, perhaps?


As soon as weather took the unevitable turn to rain rain rain, my color palette changed, and out came browns, oranges, deep wine reds...




I am not the greatest sewer, and patchwork I usually leave for those who master it. But I've always said I wish my handmades to look like handmade too, and happily put together a patchwork-ish bag from my reused tweeds. And well...It would not be me and my makes if I didn't start decorating that...



So some needle felting here and there, and little wool yarns too for embroidery... Mostly on top, patchworked part, but a little on back too:


And this I ended up with:





The very first autumn-ish bag for this year, yippee! And you know me, never ever ever ever there's only one of my makes, and the more the merrier being my motto and all - second bag in making already:



And I can feel those pencil cases coming soon too... Happy August days to you!

Yours,
Mia

8 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

I love your patchwork bag Mia and all your lovely little additions .....and of course you know how I love the ginger cat!!
Happy Tuesday my friend...the rain (as forecast...'they' always get rain right) has arrived!!
V x

Mia said...

Hi V,

Thank you so much for visiting me here! Raining heavily here too, and I must finally say this "summer" might have come to its end, better luck next year! Wishing we will see some sunnier days still, until "C" perhaps ;) ?!?!?

Have a lovely day!

Yours,
Mia

Jane said...

What a gorgeous bag Mia, with a hint of autumn there. Our summer has been very mixed indeed but I still feel there is more sunshine to come. I'm glad you had a great August, such sunny colours in your work then.
Our Daisy has been staying with us since Sunday and goes home tomorrow..we have had the best times. Happy rest of the week my friend xxx

Mia said...

Hello Jane,

Thank you! Happy to hear you have had the sweetest Daisy to stay, she is little sunshine! I am counting on some beautiful days still to come, our summer was not great (beautifully put!) so lovely autumn is in order!

Happy and creative August days!

Yours,
Mia

Unknown said...

Hello Mia,

I just saw this new blog entry. I am a fan of your booksmarks, I think the mushroom one is my fave.

It does feel more like autumn here, much cooler mornings and evenings. May it all be an inspiration for your newest creations.

See you here and on IG,
Anne D.T.
PlumTrees

Mia said...

Hello Anne,

Lovely to see you here, and always wonderful to hear my handmades are loved and in use too! Warms bookworm like me to think my bookmarks lurking between your beloved books!

Wishing some beautiful August days still!

Yours,
Mia

Lucia Sasaki said...

Hi Mia, thanks a lot for updating, it is always so fun to see what you have been making.
Beautiful keyrings, bookmarks and, girl, your patchworked bag is stunning!
Your posts always cheer me up, thanks so much!
Ah, here in Guarulhos, Brazil, September means hotter days, trees in bloom and the end of strawberry season. I buy many strawberries on Fridays, for the weekend.
Thanks a lot for sharing your life and your handmades!!

Mia said...

Hello Lucia,

So good to be back even I'm a little slow ar it still... Happy you liked my latests makes. It is just so fascinating to think your days, we're heading to rain/cold/dark and your days are hot...strawberries, blooming nature... enjoy!

Happy September days to you!

Yours,
Mia

This time of the year...

Usually around this time, when children go back to school, and you can just about to smell the autumn, I start to dig deeper in my fabric...