2011-07-28

In the heat of the Finland

This post will go straight into the category "read on November when nothing else helps". It's been such a dramatically wonderful summer, and some sources (I can't say I do understand anything about the weather forecasting but I happily read these news) have estimated this hot and sunny weather would continue until September or even October! That would be something incredible - it would make our summer for 5months instead of the usual 2.5! I vote yes if you ask me!



My mind has been wondering to autumn already, not in a bad way, no, but item-wise. I think I have mentioned it earlier before, but I would love to have a stock ahead the season ready; the autumn stuff now and Christmas stock in September, but I always seem to be running late. I made plans for this summer in May, and had a vision of piles of knitted and felted mittens to be ready by now but...



I also have other new things in mind already, and I finally got my latest pending orders out yesterday and I am back to designing board in a minute. The only problem is that my working space is upstairs and the heat there... It requires a bikini, cold drink and a fan! How long do you think I'll stay focused in that atmosphere? You got it.



Have a wonderful week, dear friends, and let's enjoy these beautiful days! I am sending you sunshine, this time we really have some to spare.

Yours,
Mia

14 comments:

Teje Karjalainen said...

Mia I'm so happy for you to have so great summer even it's not easy to work with hot weather!
Love that green bag and waiting exited what else you have in your mind!
xxx Teje

greenrabbitdesigns said...

I think I may have to move to Finland!!! Dull here today, I could do with some of your spare sunshine.
Love the new green bag Mia. :)
Happy Thursday,
Vivienne x
P.S. That wasn't the 'C' word was it???

Mia said...

Hi Teje,

I am so happy too, and summer may stay as long as it likes - I love it! I have been doing some new things lately, and try to show them you later this week (meaning next week?), I hope you'll like them!

Have a great Thursday!

Yours,
Mia

Mia said...

Hello Viv,

You're so welcome to stay with us, but taken the current temperatures (hot!hot!hot!) in the house, I suggest that you bring a tent! We could camp in the garden, crochet and knit, sounds like a wonderful plan?

And oh, of course it wasn't the c-word yet, dear!! ;)

Happy day and sunshine from us!

Yours,
Mia

sara said...

Hi Mia,

It's been very hot and humid here the past couple of days with plenty of sunshine, I'm already thinking and planning my christmas gift making, although it is hard to think about scarves and gloves when it's this warm.

Love your pretty bag.

lily x

Anne said...

Hi Mia,

I just came home from a short holiday and now I'm thinking of autumn things to make.
It has been a beautiful summer here, too.
Love those mittens and new bags.

Will write soon,
Anne--PlumCreek22

Mia said...

Hi Lily!

I know, me knitting 100% wool all the time in this heat and humid gets many smiles in my neighborhood :) But I think it's great to start early, otherwise I'll end up making panic shopping in last days...

Wishing you a crafty week(end)!

Yours,
Mia

Mia said...

Hi Anne,

I'm so happy to hear you're home, and wish you had wonderful time? We had a great weekend too! And it's almost an another one too, Friday AGAIN tomorrow and AUGUST next week, how quick was July?!?

Have a wonderful weekend soon and we'll talk again soon!

Yours,
Mia

periwinkle said...

Oh I'm glad the summer finally reached you after all that snow . I think you did send it our way too as today was glorious . Good luck on catching up with your C stock x

Jane said...

Wow Mia I am so delighted that you are getting a fab summer, after such a late start you so deserve it. I WILL remind you of this post when you are not wearing your bikini in November! I saw the C word too, never too early in my books (don't let Vivienne read that).Relax and enjoy being inspired in the heat of the sun my dear. It has been lovely here today and I got all my holiday washing dry outside...bliss.Have a sunny weekend too
Jane x

Mia said...

Hi Lisa,

Yes, it's been wonderful summer, and it's still continuing strong...I love it! I wish your weather is beautiful too!

Have a good weekend!

Yours,
Mia

Mia said...

Hi Jane,

Welcome back! I wish you had wonderful time in Paris!

I know, it's never too early for "c" but for Viv's sake I just lied that it's not in our minds yet ;) I am already wondering about the calendar-thing, to be or not to be... :)

Have a great weekend, dear, kisses to B, and wishing you sunny days!

Yours,
Mia

Helen Philipps said...

It is hard to work when it's really hot isn't it?? No probelm with that here today though! I really love your green bag, it's delicious. It's good to get things made ahead of the season, like all the big stores do, as long as you feel in the right mood! I wonder what else you have in mind?? Have a wonderful weekend, Mia!
Helen x

Mia said...

I know Helen, and it's the only minus side for being self employed: there's really never a holiday! When I used to work in education-field, the summer holidays were deliciously looooong :)

Thank you for bag-love! Wishing you a wonderful weekend, and I send you sunshine and hot weather as we speak!

Yours,
Mia

This time of the year...

Usually around this time, when children go back to school, and you can just about to smell the autumn, I start to dig deeper in my fabric...