2012-12-11

December 11th

Once upon a time there was a need for one more Christmas-stocking, and it was for a little princess this time. The court seamstress rummaged through her stash, and found a little (thrifted) mohair-wool sweater in just right shades. Clipety-clip went the scissors...

...and then it was time to choose the decoration. The seamstress knew, that the little princess liked all things bling, and everything was chosen accordingly...


And then the seamstress sew and sew...


...added a matching lining and finally...

The Royal Stocking was all finished! It has the princesses initial* on the other side and some family heirloom-ish stars on the other. Now the seamstress is off to sew an another stocking to the same family, and this time it'll be with little less pink&sparkle - the brother of the princess is not that prince-y after all.

Happy December 11th!

Yours,
Mia

* Vivienne fear no - this is not for you!

16 comments:

Jane said...

.....and they all lived happily ever after ;0) What a pretty princess stocking. Happy sewing dear Mia...I am stamping gingerbread man wrapping paper!
Jane x

mynestofyarnandbuttons said...

Loved your enchanting story! Happy December 11th to you. I'm feeling a little off today, so may not get too much accomplished today. : ( Hate to lose the day.
xoRobin❤

Anonymous said...

I do like happy endings!!!
She's a clever girl that court seamstress. :)
Bunny making here!
V xxx
P.S. Didn't think so, a bit pink. ;)

Teje Karjalainen said...

Mia, these are the most beautiful stockings I have ever seen! You know what you shall make to your shop next Christmas! Lovely idea and I'm happy you had just the right pink pullower! x Teje

ANNE said...

Ahhh, Mia---what a lucky princess and prince to have such royal, lovingly made stockings.

Busy wrapping and sending out packages here.

Very cold but pretty.....

Happy counting down to all

Anne
PC22

Nova Melina said...

No johan on aivan hirmuisen hurmaava! Kiva idea! :)

Zoe said...

Fantastic idea!! I will keep it in mind for my little nieces and nephews!! Greetings from Greece!! :)

Shanti said...

I loved your little story... and the stocking is beautiful!
xx
Shanti

Mia said...

Hello dear Jane,

I know, pink is the official princess-color...and surprisingly I had some in my stash ;)

Your gingerbread-paper sound wonderful!

Yours,
Mia

Mia said...

Dear Robin,

I wish you're feeling better already, and not that stressed, there are still days until the Holidays...Let's enjoy!

Happy day!

Yours,
Mia

Mia said...

I love them too, dear Vivienne, I can't stand movies or books with no happy end - even if they're good otherwise :)

Happy bunny-making!

Yours,
Mia

Mia said...

Hello dear Teje,

I just had pink in stash...How strange is that... ;) I am happy you liked it!

Have a wonderful day!

Yours,
Mia

Mia said...

Hello sweet Anne,

It's quite cold here too, and pretty also as it's snowing little. Stay warm and cozy - happy wrapping!

Yours,
Mia

Mia said...

Heipsan Nova,

Ja kiitos! Ja mukavaa oli lukea blogistasi, että messut menivät hyvin (vaikka jänskättikin ;) etukäteen)!

Mukavia puuhailu-hetkiä sinnepäin!

Terkuin Mia

Mia said...

Thank you Zoe!

Lovely to have you visiting me here, and happiest last days before Christmas, yours might not ;) be white, but may it otherwise be wonderful!

Yours,
Mia

Mia said...

Thank you, Shanti!

I wish you lovely days before the Holidays...And it's not that long anymore!

Yours,
Mia

This time of the year...

Usually around this time, when children go back to school, and you can just about to smell the autumn, I start to dig deeper in my fabric...