2017-08-16

Hello?

The title just says it, a shy little hello? It's been a while *ahem*, and I am not absolutely sure what happened,  I just... Somehow fell off blogging wagon and went all the way to Instagram. It is lovely and quick and easy cool there, and I went through all excuses possible from "blogging with tablet is hard" (yup, so very, doing it here right now) to "who reads the blogs anymore" and all the other lamos. I think it was mainly the longer I was away the harder writing the first lines became. Phew, that part done now!


I know there really are not as many people reading blogs regularly these days as there used to be, but when not thinking that "communicating-sharing-connecting-marketing"-mantra at all, a blog can be a visual (and in my case, a natural born blabber that I am, a literate too) diary. A blog post can show not just the finished thing (in my case a bag, pouch, knitted anything or even a weave) but the creative path you took to get there also. That I have missed so! It is lovely to show your a completed project (in my case especially as I have quite a few wip's at the same time), but it really doesn't tell you how (or why, which sometimes is the most interesting thing, why something turned out as it did) you got there in the end.


Last weekend when I seriously started thinking getting back to blog writing, I read some of my older posts. And even some of those pictures got my eyes sore (dark, gloomy, yellow, shaken, all over the place...), I was amazed still. I read posts from years 2011 and 2012 (quite a while ago!) when I turned my dream to reality and started HandmadebyMia full time, and suddenly I very vividly remembered that happiness and joy. I remembered my first bigger orders, our trips to get wool, my first "studio" in attic of our tiny house (a table by our bed). I remembered how hilariously bad I was at sewing but how happily I still did it five hours in a row. Those memories I have missed!


So here I am, trying to start my diary again. If you are still there, reading, it would be lovely to hear from you, but I am keeping in mind that diaries usually are a one man show, and sharing them is an added bonus. I am not making any promises (not even to myself) how often should I write, I just took the first step. But here I am, happy happy happy!

Yours,
Mia

P.S.  Pictures just quick phone ones around my studio, quality saluting those old ones I just complained, dark and shaky, but at the same time just "I would love to tell you more about" stuff. So fingers crossed for more stories to come...

13 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Well its lovely to have you back my dear! I do get the whole 'blogging is out of fashion' thing as I too have felt that way about it but I found it hard to let go completely, I only blog once a month now but at least it pulls it all together. So hopefully now you're back you keep doing it but only when you feel like it, never let it become a chore.
So once again lovely to 'se'' you here,
V xxx
P.S. I still think IG is the coolest though! ;)

Mia said...

Hello dear Vivienne,

I was counting on you to come and say hello as I pretty shamelessly told you about this ;) but this said THANK YOU! so much for not only visiting me here but also many other things yoy've supported me lately (and over the years), you're a gem!

Insta is pretty cool I admit, and I often wonder what I am doing there as I am not that much ;)

Have a wonderful August, sending sun every day!

Yours,
Mia

Jane said...

Awww it's so good to see your post Mia. As you well know it is through you that I first started on my blogging jounrey...7...yes it's hard to believe 7 years ago. I must admit I still love blogging as much as I did and I agree it is a diary which is such fun to look back on. IG is quick and fun but for me it just does not press all the buttons. It's fab to see process photos and I really hope that you come back regularly as your posts always put a smile on my face. I love seeing your creativity and reading your witty posts. Welcome back my dear friend xxx

Mia said...

Hello dear Jane,

Thank you for your lovely words! You are my blogging idol, you always manage to write/take pics of your projects no matter how busy your life gets, and your posts are always such positive, always bringing smiles! I can see why IG doesn't win over blogging for you, you need (and enjoy!) to show many more steps of your process too, that's one thing I missed too. That and the diary, and you, lovely people! Thank you for welcoming me back!

Yours,
Mia

Unknown said...

Hello Mia,

INteresting to see you here again. I always enjoy hearing/seeing more behind the scenes of your crafting/making process.

But please do what you want. It is your choice to blog or instagram or facebook, etc.

I love the cardigan and necklace photos. Happy to stop by and say Hello, again !!!!

Anne D.T.
PlumTrees22

Mia said...

Hello dear Anne,

Happy to see you here too! I am feeling it was time to come back, but IG will be first to post pics place still. Not taking any pressure though, just wishing to document my adventures little more still. So very happy to see the old gang gathering here again :) thank you for making me feel welcome!

Have a lovely & sunny week, talk soon again!

Yours,
Mia

Lucia Sasaki said...

Hi Mia welcome back and thanks a lot for writing!
I missed your lovely posts! By the way, congratulations for your beautiful cats.
Well, I felt this way using Facebook, but as you also realised blogging means keeping a diary of our lives and achievements and progress. And if we get some answer and comments for people around the world, even better!

Mia said...

Hello dear Lucia,

Happy to see you here welcoming me back, thank you so much! You said it about blogging, it is a diary with possibility of talking lovely people all around to world, can't get better than that!

Sunshine to your August days, wishing to show you more of those cats soon...

Yours,
Mia

verykerryberry said...

Hi Mia, welcome back! I still like to read blogs and write one even though the audience has changed somewhat. As you mention, it is a great way to record process not just result and it is a way to look back on times, events and creations. Love your cats! Kerry x

Mia said...

Hello Kerry,

Thank you so much for welcoming me back, means lot to me to see "old friends" leaving comments here. Happy to hear there are still blog readers around, let's wave that flag!

Thanks for kitty-love, wish to tell more of that gang soon!

Yours,
Mia

Teje said...

Ho happy to hear from you Mia! I love reading and writing blog posts and hope that they go strong! I have been away for a while because of the pain in my back. I hope it will be well and fine and I'm so looking for autumn, sewing and blogging! x Teje

Mia said...

Hello dear Teje,

Lovely to have you here too! And quite literatelly too, home sweet home ;) Feels great to be back, we'll see how this goes! I admire your blogging too, you have kept it going, and your posts are always so full of sunshine&color. I wish your back will heal soon!!

Enjoy your Suomitime, dear friend!

Yours,
Mia

Unknown said...

As reported by Stanford Medical, It's in fact the ONLY reason this country's women get to live 10 years longer and weigh on average 42 lbs less than us.

(By the way, it is not about genetics or some hard exercise and EVERYTHING about "how" they eat.)

P.S, I said "HOW", and not "what"...

Tap on this link to discover if this easy quiz can help you discover your real weight loss possibility

This time of the year...

Usually around this time, when children go back to school, and you can just about to smell the autumn, I start to dig deeper in my fabric...