2016-05-25

Old habits die hard

It seems that old dog like me does not learn new tricks that easily, I think it was back in 2012 (oh yes, May 2012 actually, here ) when I found a basket full of almost finished tiny pouches, and oops! the very same happened again! I did some spring clean last week, and there they were, some missing just a few seams, and some had a happy little thing needle felted on them but nothing pretty on back. 


What could I do except get to sewing, choose some pretty trims and some buttons...


... and get the first batch finished!


And then, just as expected (you know me), I just had to make some more:


And then when all the "finish when time"-pouches were ready, what did I do? Moved on to something else? Nope, I went shopping some more...


...happy zips! In many colors! So summery! And a few more...


...happy pouches were made! These all jumped into my shop here (some have already flown out!), and they all are in sale, just like my last batch back in 2012. So if you need  want a happy little coin purse, this is the time!



Happy May to you all, I continue enjoying my sewing/knitting/felting in my outside studio on our terrace, sun shines and weather is just fantastic! Sending you some sunshine too!

Yours,
Mia

11 comments:

Jane said...

Hello my dear Mia. It's always wonderful to see your gorgeous new makes. Fancy finding those gems which were unfinished. Now there is such a cheerful new set in your shop...I'm not suprised they are flying out so quickly. They are beautiful and perfect for the late spring. Enjoy your sunny outside crafting xx

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Awe they are so pretty Mia, it's no surprise that they are disappearing out of your shop!
So glad you're enjoying outside crafting, I'm hoping for some more heat so I can do the same.
V x

Marle said...

Voi miten suloisia! Nappasinkin tuon ketun itselleni!

Mia said...

Hello dear Jane,

Thank you! Happy you liked my creations, it seems I have the more color the better-phase again, it must be this sunny weather!

Wishing you wonderful May days!

Yours,
Mia

Mia said...

Hello dear Vivienne,

Thank you! We have had two summers so horrible, that it has been impossible to craft outside, and I am so happy for these hot days. I wish your weather will take turn into better SOON (read:now!), and you'll get crocheting outdoors too!

Happy Wednesday!

Yours,
Mia

Mia said...

Heipsan Marle!

Isoin kiitoksin, mahtavaa kun tykästyit kettuseen! Se pomppaa huomenissa postiin, toivottavasti se saa hymyn huulillesi saapuessaan :)

Ihania, aurinkoisia toukokuun päiviä sinulle!

Terkuin Mia

Beth of The Linen Cat said...

Hello Mia

They are lovely, as always. Your little critters make me smile every time and I'm glad I'm not the only one to find half finished work some time later. I'm trying to get through my 'unfinished' boxes at the moment, but I struggle, once I've lost momentum, I'd rather work on new things!

Hope you are enjoying happy sun filled days!

Bethx

Mia said...

Hello dear Beth,

This is one of my bad habits, I start things and then get to something else... But luckily these can be "saved" later, and with little work to be sold also. I know just how you feel with that lost momentum :) but it's still worth going through those boxes,I am sure there are pretty treasures for you shop waiting!

Lovely summer to you & boys (and all your furry&feathered friends!)!

Yours,
Mia

Unknown said...

Hello Mia, I apologize for not seeing this post.....and I think you're already on the next pouches!!!!
Wonderful to see the finishing touches.

Happy and creative June to you, from me.
Anne and all xx
PlumCreek

Mia said...

Hello dear Anne,

Happy to see you here, and no worries, I am so lazy blogger (we love IG these days!) and my posts come out so rare. But this June with its sunshine has been happy&creative, wishing you the very same!

Yours,
Mia

Onbekend said...

Hi nice reading your posst

This time of the year...

Usually around this time, when children go back to school, and you can just about to smell the autumn, I start to dig deeper in my fabric...