2010-03-23

Buttonmania(c)



I have wanted to try covering my own buttons for a while (yes, that´s been on my to-do list along the fabric scarf and many other wonderful ideas) and some time ago I finally managed to order the stuff. And some good stuff it was, and came from here quickly - thank you Agnes!

I had a button factory running in full speed here on last Saturday and my dear Sis assisting. Actually it was her who made most of those pretty buttons as I was tearing my hair out: all but one of my Moomin fabrics had too large images. Too bad.

But look at the other pretty buttons we (read: she) made! I just wanted to get them in use immediately and started to think of a felted pouch without needle felted figures (can there be one?) and I remembered my all time favorite stitch: a moss stitch!




I knitted a few pouches some of our buttons in mind, lined them matchingly and oh, how I like them! I am already knitting a bag with moss stitch and yes, most likely it will have one of those buttons too.



It feels lovely to make something new (even it´s not that big, just same old wool but it feels different to me) and also yet an another thing done from my to-do list! And, hey: it was just as good as I though if not even better!

Have a great Tuesday!

2 comments:

Agnes said...

thanks! nice buttons and pouches! so cute!

Mia said...

Thank you, Agnes! And as you said, I am addicted already ;)

Have a wonderful day and many greetings from Finland!

Yours,
Mia

This time of the year...

Usually around this time, when children go back to school, and you can just about to smell the autumn, I start to dig deeper in my fabric...