2015-12-15

December 15th

Hello all!

It is me, Bibi, doing all the writing today! Anna said it was alright that I took over for a day as I really got the biggest news! I think you all remember Anna being my auntie, my mom is her sister, and my family not living here in Riverland. It is mainly because of my dad's job situation. He is in Postal business, and Bernard is the only Postman we have here in Riverland. And no, please do not worry, Bernard will continue being the best Post-pig in whole world, but my dad got an another job! Here is one picture of me&dad at aunt Anna's garden last summer:



They are re-opening the Riverland's Post Office, and my dad will be the main officer there! The Post Office has been closed for almost a year after the old officer, Mr. Badger retired and moved to live with his son in Spain. Bernard has been working really, really hard for the past year as he has been carrying the mail, and also taking care of the stamp-selling and all the other postal services. Our Post Office has been open only on Mondays as Bernard has been so busy. And now my dad will take over! Bernard gave me a claw-five when we saw earlier today, he can't wait to see my dad starting his job.


And that means... My family is moving back to Riverland! The Post Office will open as soon as possible, and my family will move here before Christmas! They are looking for a house now, I have been helping them and viewing quite a few possibilities, and the best so far is the Bougainvillea Cottage on Stone Path near auntie Anna. My mom and Dad with my little brother Bart are coming over tomorrow to view it closer. My mom is a little concerned about its shape, will the old furniture fit? Here is the cottage last summer:


...and yesterday when I went to see it! My dad likes it, he says it could use a lick of paint (especially the door) but otherwise it looks perfect. What do you think?


My fantastic news do not end here, my mom said it is alright to tell you today: I am having a baby sister or brother any day now! Love, love, love that! Bart is a wonderful brother, but a baby... And I can baby sit too now that they will move here. This is the best day of my life! I wanted to share a picture of me and baby-Bart here (he has his favorite blue binky there):


I will introduce you all to my family soon, now I must get some sleep! Sweet dreams!




Bibi&Mia

10 comments:

mynestofyarnandbuttons said...

Bibi so nice to hear from you and so much good news for you and your family!!!! I love your new house, I thing the shape is awesome, and a new baby, so much happiness! Anna will be so happy to have all of you around. Great news on your dad's new job, it will lighten Bernard's job for sure!
Well, you two have a fun day Bibi and Mia, xoxoRobin

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Oh wow Bibi so much good news for your family all in one post!!!
A new job, a new house AND a new baby....wonderful!
I mean who wouldn't want to live in a cottage covered in bougainvillea. It will be so lovely for you all to be together again and close to your Auntie Anna. No wonder Bernard gave you a claw-five! :)
Sweet dreams,
V xxx
P.S. Can't help feeling slightly jealous of Mr Badger though.......Spain does sound good! ;)

Jane said...

Oh Bibi so much wonderful news. How lovely that your family will be back in Riverland in time for Christmas. That house looks perfect for you all. And the best news is saved for last....a little baby, how sweet! xx

Teje said...

Oh, wow Bibi, so much is happening there that I got exhausted even when reading your news! But I am so so happy for you to get your family near to you and for the new baby! I think that house looks very cute and with a little bit of paint will look as new! Good night! x Teje

Mia said...

Hello Robin,

I think we go for the house, it is so pretty (some paint needed perhaps) and really close to Anna too. Bernard was so so happy when I met him today, and new baby... shhh, but I wish it was a girl! :)

Happy times, see you soon!

Bibi

Mia said...

Hello Vivienne,

I know, this year is so wonderfully busy, but all these things are so happy! I am not sure auntie Anna realized how many things are going on here in Riverland when she started the countdown - but I think the good news are best shared :)

Wishing you wonderful day, see you soon!

Bibi

Mia said...

Hello Jane,

I know, a baby sister (or brother!!!) and my family moving here are the best Christmas gifts ever! We all are so happy, and it is also wonderful to share all this with you!

See you soon again!

Bibi

Mia said...

Hello Teje,

Thank you! It all has happened quite quick, my head is spinning (happily)! I wish to introduce you to my family soon!

Happy last days before Christmas!

Bibi

Marle said...

Oh Bibi you have so much great news! Can´t wait your next posting.

Mia said...

Hello Marle,

I can share a little secret with you: I have a baby sister! I will share these happy news with you all soon... happy, happy, happy!

See you soon!

Bibi

This time of the year...

Usually around this time, when children go back to school, and you can just about to smell the autumn, I start to dig deeper in my fabric...