- It's me, Bernard!
- Welcome! But it is Saturday, surely you are not working today?
- But I am! I have a big parcel for you, I think this is what you have been waiting for...
- Oh Bernard, could it really be...?
- Oh yes! It is my new rolling pin and set of gingerbread moulds! This is wonderful, now I can make the gingerbread decoration for Anabel's birthday, I already got the dough, but I was just wondering what to do with it without these, thank you so much Bernard! Let me just hug you!
- Now, now, thank you, just doing my job! That cup of tea would be quite enough, huh?
- Oh yes, coming right up!
- By the way, is that a new uniform, Bernard? I don't think I have seen it on you before?
- But it is, I just got it yesterday! Let me show it to you, it comes with a matching beret, and look, the jacket has been tail-ored, ha, to suit me perfectly!
- I love it!
- But now I must run, thanks for the tea, I'll see you tomorrow at Anabel's birthday?
- Sure, sure, and you'll get to taste my baking tomorrow too. Thank you still once!
- No problem, just being a good Postie! See you tomorrow!
After Bernard left, I tackled my gingerbread dough. And I baked, and baked, and baked... Quite a few trays of gorgeously smelling gingerbread hearts, stars and flowers.
Phew! That rolling was pretty hard work!
- Yes! Remembered to make wholes for strings before baking!
And while those happy treats were baked and then cooled, I ticked off all things from my to-do-list! The very last thing was to decorate those gingerbread, and it was such fun! I only need to attach those strings tomorrow. Now I am all ready for the bed - and also for Anabel's birthday-party tomorrow! See you there!