Lovely to see you all again, and today I am showing you one of my favorite places in whole Riverland. My story started a few nights ago. I was happily knitting on my favorite spot, in my living room near by the fireplace when...
...every knitter's nightmare happened: I run out of yarn in the middle of my scarf!
It is a birthday gift to Anabel, and I need to get it finished as soon as possible, her birthday is on 6th! It was too late to run shopping that night, but the very next morning I was on my way early. It was snowing heavily so I put on my thickest and biggest shawl, put the yarn sample to my handbag, and off I went...
... to Adele's yarn shop! Despite the heavy show she was putting up the most beautiful Christmas lights! Her shop looks amazing now!
Adele is Anabel's sister, and they both are really artistic. Not only yarn selling but also knit designing is Adele's expertise, and I have purchased many of her patterns, for example for this shawl I am wearing. But today I had a special request in mind... But first I have to show you bit more of her shop, it is so beautiful, Christmas lights, and some beautiful silvery decorations... But what is that big bag there?
- Bernard the Postman just delivered my latest wool batch from the Meadow-upon-River spinning mill! All beautiful blues for happy winter knitting. I haven't had time to unpack it yet as I wanted to put up those lights first. But what did you have in mind this time, dear Anna?
- Oh those look beautiful, but I have a special gray shade in mind! Do you remember the dress you made Anabel for her last birthday? I am knitting her a scarf to match and just run out of that yarn a few rows before it's finished! And it is her birthday coming up soon, so...
- Oh I remember that yarn! It has been pretty popular, so let me see if I have any left...I have some grays over here, wait... Oh yes, three balls still, that is the very same batch even!
- Oh, you just made my day! I take them all, thank you so much! And then I would need some needles too, I think number three, they are the blue ones, right?
- Alright, would you need anything else?
- I think that is great this time, thank you so much!
- Lovely, here is your bag, happy knitting!
- Oh but one more thing before I go... Where did you get that beautiful glass-tree you have on your desk?
- I bought it from Brita's Glass Shop, she has a new, Christmas-line there, she just got them all finished yesterday. All were really pretty, and if I were you, I would rush there before they've all gone!
- Thank you, I will visit her soon, that looks just like what I had in mind! I am off to see her next! See you soon again, at Anabel's Birthday party the latest?
P.S. When I got home, I opened my calendar, and got a little tree! How happy coincidence as I just bought a... Hush, hush!